H3 - Hope and Health at Home
Recruiting for Vancouver Island Based Community Coaches
Hope and Health has partnered with Coaches Across Continents to deliver an exciting local program called Hope and Health at Home “H3” for Coast Salish Youth. H3 implements an evidence-based curriculum proven to develop life and leadership skills amongst youth. The curriculum is delivered through soccer skills and drills, games and activities and purposefully utilizes sport to create social change!
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TIME COMMITMENT
The H3 Community coach will join a team of coaches and program coordinator responsible to deliver the program to local Coast Salish youth*. Responsibilities include:
- Attend CAC/H3 training (looks different depending on the time of you you join us).
- Implement the curriculum as outlined in the training and Program Manual, based on availability.
- Meet monitoring and evaluation requirements.
- Participate in monthly coaching calls with Coaches Across Continents & H3.
We are looking for people who are ALREADY doing great things for their community and believe in the power and potential of our FUTURE GENERATION. Most importantly:
- You are a CHAMPION for YOUTH.
- You have great COMMUNICATION skills.
- You enjoy TEACHING and COACHING others, especially young people.
- You know how to have FUN and enjoy to LAUGH.
- You may or may not be SOCCER SAVVY, we can teach that!
- You are PASSIONATE and COMMITTED to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
- You are a ROLE MODEL and able to APPLY your LIFE LESSONS to HELP OTHERS.
- Having a CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING of the Coast Salish communities is an ASSET.
- MUST pass a CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK and RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- You will be compensated for your time and all travel costs.
- You will receive a full KIT and SUPPLIES to deliver the program.
- This will be an incredible experience to be part of the start up of a high impact, innovative new program to create social change with youth through sport! How cool is that?
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
- Please send an email to Deana@hopeandhealth.org WHY you are interested in this opportunity and what makes you most SUITABLE as a COMMUNITY COACH.
WOW us with sharing a bit about WHO you ARE and your HOPE for the YOUTH as our FUTURE LEADERS!